Now that the Day of Thanks has passed, the race is on to the December holidays! Faster than we can say “ho ho ho,” Christmas trees are up, B101 is playing holiday music on repeat, and holiday cookies are being baked.
On top of all that, you may feel like this kid after too many nights of TG leftovers….
Here’s our Top 5 ways to avoid a holiday meltdown.
5. Set Your Intentions– Set a few intentions for this holiday season. Whether it’s to have a weekly “friend date” with a bestie, see The Nutcracker, or watch The Holiday 13 times…write down your holiday wish-list and set a plan to make it happen.
4. Plan Ahead– Holidays can be stressful, trying to balance spending time with family members and friends. Work deadlines loom at the end of the year, too. Make a list of “must dos” for each day during the holiday and share that list with loved ones. You can’t be everywhere at once, but by being clear with family and friends you can make the most of these few special days.
3. Find Some Me Time– Try waking up just 15 minutes earlier this month. How you use them is up to you, but setting a relaxed and peaceful tone in the morning can set the mood for your entire day.
2. Get Back On The Wagon– If you hit snooze and bail on your early morning class, or stuff yourself silly at the Christmas cookie exchange, don’t worry, you can always make up for it! One less-than-great decision won’t derail all your plans, so shake it off and get right back to it as soon as you can.
1. Sweat It Out– You may not have the time to commit to your regular workout schedule, but don’t fret! A quick 30 minutes per day is all you need to keep the dreaded holiday weight gain (not to mention stress!) at bay. Take a walk during your lunch break, or after dinner with a friend and catch up.
Most importantly, take time for yourself and ENJOY the season! Eat, drink, sweat and be merry.
(Ok, ok, only one more…they’re just so funny/cute we can’t resist!!)